Vincent Communications is looking for communications technicians for work in the Grande Prairie area primarily in the Oil & Gas industry. This position requires:
- An understanding of RF equipment i.e. antenna’s, coax, data radio’s, voice radio’s and connectors.
- Installing, programming and troubleshooting data radios (MDS 4710, MDS 9810, Transnet, INET, Freewave, Cell Modem) and peripheral equipment primarily for SCADA applications.
- Installing, programming and troubleshooting VHF/UHF Voice radio’s and peripheral equipment.
- Tower rigging and climbing i.e. installing antennas, dishes, coax, and mounts on towers anywhere from 50’ – 300’ tall. MUST NOT BE SCARED OF HEIGHTS.
- Ability to complete jobs with little or no supervision.
- A professional attitude and must be hard working, reliable, honest and drug free.
- That the candidate be comfortable working around and with heavy equipment and picker trucks.
- A good driver’s abstract.
Preference will be given to experienced candidates but we are willing to train the right applicant. Depending on experience, work ethic and education Vincent Communications will offer the following compensation for the right candidate:
- Level 1 Communication Technician – $20.00/hr – $25.00/hr
- Level 2 Communication Technician – $25.00/hr – $30.00/hr
- Level 3 Communication Technician – $30.00/hr – $35.00/hr
- Level 4 Communication Technician – $35.00/hr – $40.00/hr
- Health, Dental and Disability Benefit Package
- Guaranteed base wage (80 hours x hourly wage) every 2 weeks
Contractors are welcome to apply as well but must also have the following:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the communications industry.
- Current Alberta WCB Coverage and Wellhead Insurance.
- Insured dependable truck that is 3 years or newer with a cell booster and VHF Radio.
Contractor wages are $54.40/hr RT, $81.60/hr OT for the worker, $18.70/hr and $0.47/km for the vehicle.