Vincent Communications Ltd. (Vincent Communications) has been in business since 2005. We have offices in Fort St. John, B.C. and Grande Prairie, AB. Our company is expanding its tower, internet, radio voice services and infrastructure in northern B.C. and Alberta.
In support of this expansion, we are looking for a experienced COMMUNICATION TECHNICIAN / TOWER RIGGER to add to our growing company with and estimated start date between November 15th November 30th, 2018
This position will report to the Field Operations Manager and will be based out of Grande Prairie, AB office.
- Install, program, and troubleshoot SCADA data radios and repeaters which include brand names Microwave Data Systems, Freewave and Microhard.
- Install, program, and troubleshoot VHF voice radios and repeaters which include brand names Vertex, Motorola, and RCA.
- Install, program, and troubleshoot microwave data radios and links which include brand names Dragonwave, Cambium, Ubiquiti
- Install, program, and troubleshoot access points and peripheral hardware like Wi-Fi Access Points, Switches, Routers, and Arbitrators.
- Install and troubleshoot various cellphone booster products.
- Able to work out of town which may require over night stay.
- Able to work in both hot and cold outdoor weather conditions.
- Perform tower climbing and rigging such as installing antennas, dishes, coax and mounting hardware on towers anywhere from 50’ – 300’ tall.
- Coordinate activities with team members to accomplish and complete jobs efficiently
- Complete records and other project related paperwork as required
- Travel long distances to and from different locations safely.
- Work with and around heavy equipment, picker trucks, ATV, and helicopters.
- Ensure active participation and advocating for all matters safety-related; raise safety awareness, provide feedback for pre-job hazard assessments (PJHA’s), participate in safety initiatives, report safety discrepancies and suggest solutions.
- Understanding of computer networking fundamentals.
- Must be physically fit and have the ability to lift 50lbs
- Understanding of hand tools, and communication testing equipment.
- Strong English communication skills, both spoken and written, with the proven ability to communicate with respect and professionalism.
- Reliable, dependable, adaptable and flexibility for changing priorities.
- Strong problem solving skills and use of good judgement in response to unexpected problems.
Required Experience / Education:
- 2 years technical field experience in Communications / Telecom industry
- 2 years tower rigging and climbing experience
- Experience in the Oil & Gas industry is considered an asset.
- Technology degree or diploma an asset.
- Journeyman or Apprentice Communication Technician ticket or equivalent is preferred.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with and acceptable Driver’s Abstract.
- Compensation based on a combination of experience and education. Hourly rate between $20.00 – $45.00.
- Overtime after 8 hours and weekends.
- Potential for yearly bonus that is calculated on key company financial metrics.
- Family Benefits are provided after 3-month probation.
- Applicant will have a guaranteed two weeks holiday for the first 2 years. Three weeks from years 3 – 5 and four weeks after 5 years.
- Vincent Communications will pay for approved additional training courses and apprenticeship
- Company vehicle may be provided depending on applicant.
PLEASE SEND APPLICATIONS TO CAREERS@VINCENTCOMMUNICATIONS.CA