Vincent Communications Ltd. (Vincent Communications) has been in business since 2005. We have offices in Fort St. John, B.C. and Grande Prairie, AB. Our company is expanding its tower, internet, radio voice services and infrastructure in northern B.C. and Alberta.
In support of this expansion, we are looking for a skilled Communication Technician to add to our growing company. This is a permanent position that is based out of our office in Grand Prairie, Alberta
We believe the successful applicant will be an integral part of the growth of Vincent Communications and the successful application will also have the opportunity for further career expansion in the future as our company continues its growth.
- Install, program, and troubleshoot SCADA data radios and repeaters which include brand names Microwave Data Systems, Freewave and Microhard.
- Install, program, and troubleshoot VHF voice radios and repeaters which include brand names Vertex, Motorola, and RCA.
- Install, program, and troubleshoot microwave data radios and links which include brand names Dragonwave, Cambium, Ubiquiti
- Install, program, and troubleshoot access points and peripheral hardware like Wi-Fi Access Points, Switches, Routers, and Arbitrators.
- Install and troubleshoot various cellphone booster’s products.
- Able to work out of town which may require over night stay.
- Able to work in be both hot and cold outdoor weather conditions.
- Perform tower climbing and rigging such as installing antennas, dishes, coax and mounting hardware on towers anywhere from 50’ – 300’ tall.
- Coordinate activities with team members to accomplish and complete jobs efficiently
- Complete records and other project related paperwork as required
- Travel long distances to and from different locations safely.
- Work with and around heavy equipment, picker trucks, ATV, and helicopters.
- Ensure active participation and advocating for all matters safety-related; raise safety awareness, provide feedback for pre-job hazard assessments (PJHA’s), participate in safety initiatives, report safety discrepancies and suggest solutions.
- Understanding of computer networking fundamentals.
- Understanding of hand tools, and communication testing equipment.
- Strong English communication skills, both spoken and written, with the proven ability to communicate with respect and professionalism.
- Reliable, dependable, adaptable and flexibility for changing priorities.
- Strong problem-solving skills, and use of good judgement in response to unexpected problems.
Required Experience / Education:
- Apprentice or Journeyman Communication Technician ticket or equivalent is preferred
- Technical Field experience in Communications / Telecom industry is preferred but we are willing to train the right applicant.
- Tower rigging and climbing experience is considered an asset.
- Technology degree or diploma an asset.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License, with acceptable Driver’s Abstract.
- Depending on experience and education salary may range from $20.00 – $45.00 per hour
- Potential for yearly bonus that is calculated on key company financial metrics.
- Family Benefits are provided after 3-month probation.
- Guaranteed base salary every two weeks
- Vincent Communications will pay for approved additional training & courses as well as your time to complete them.
- Company vehicle may be provided depending on applicant.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org