Vincent Communications has been in business since 2005 and currently has offices in Fort St. John, B.C. and Grande Prairie, AB. Vincent Communications is aggressively expanding its tower, internet and radio voice services and infrastructure in northern B.C. and Alberta. Vincent Communications is looking for a skilled Field Operations Manager; this is a permanent position which will involve managing 8 – 10 field and support crews from Grande Prairie for both services locations. We believe this opportunity will allow the successful applicant to be an integral part in the growth and management of Vincent Communications and allow for career expansion in the future.
- Field and support crew scheduling, monitoring, and organization for field work
- Ensure field work tickets, PJHA’s, communication checklists and any required documentation is completed by field personnel properly and in a timely fashion.
- Build and implement work descriptions, performance management reviews, disciplinary actions and personnel growth paths.
- Ensure all relevant billing information is documented (i.e. PO’s, client contact info, company, delivery method for work ticket approval, signatures, AFE’s etc.)
- Implement, build and manage on-call schedules, holidays and time off for field and support staff
- Implement, build and follow work flows and safe work practices.
- Complete job estimates, budgets and lead times
- Review and correct field and support staff timesheets
- Be available for customer, staff, subcontractor and vendor calls and inquires outside of typical working hours
- Communicate and work with clients in matters of invoicing, job details, issues and emergencies
- Collaborate with parts manager to ensure parts and equipment is available and allocated for upcoming work. Oversee purchasing to monitor expenditures, product availability, customer ordering and trends in requirements to determine inventory control and budgets.
- Collaborate with company safety officer (OHS) to make sure proper safety documentation and policies are in place, upheld and training has been provided to employees to ensure compliance in accordance with safety regulations
- Ensure active participation and advocating for all matters safety-related; raise safety awareness, provide feedback for pre-job hazard assessments (PJHA’s), participate in safety initiatives, report safety discrepancies and suggest solutions.
- Monitor and respond to reports of unsafe or hazardous conditions of equipment, service requirements, and work environment for safety, providing resolution.
- Create and maintain an equipment asset maintenance program and schedule the maintenance work on all assets (towers, vehicles, picker, generators etc.)
- Ensure all necessary paperwork for equipment is up to date and valid. (i.e. registration, insurance, safety fitness, CVIP, maintenance documentation)
- Coordinate, schedule and sign off on apprenticeship program training for field staff.
- Demonstrate leadership, supervisory, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Able to motivate others and improve their quality of work
- Be a team player, well organized, and excellent time management skills
- Have strong English communication skills both spoken and written, with the proven ability to communicate with respect and professionalism
- Good listening and project management skills, able to meet deadlines
- Able to communicate and deal positively with customers under both favorable and unfavourable circumstances
- Reliable, dependable, adaptable and flexibility for changing priorities
- Strong problem solving skills – use of good judgement in response to unexpected problems
- Effective computer skills including the use of Google Calendar, Quickbooks, MS Office programs etc.
Required Experience / Education:
- 5+ years experience in managing and organizing multiple field and support crews
- Management within the Communications / Telecom industry is preferred but not required
- 2+ years experience interfacing with customers to resolve customer service issues
- Technology degree or diploma an asset
- Field experience in Communications / Telecom industry an asset
- Drivers License
- Compensation depending on management, industry, education experience salary can range from $70,000 – $130,000 per year.
- Yearly bonus calculated on key company financial metrics.
- Family Benefits through the Chamber of Commerce
- A 4% holiday pay will accrue on every check.
- Applicant will have a guaranteed two weeks holiday for the first 2 years. Three weeks from years 3 – 5 and four weeks after 5 years.
- VCCL will pay for all safety and management training as well as pay for your time to complete it.
- After the 3 month assessment period, applicant will be assigned a company vehicle which may be used personally.
Please send applications to email@example.com