Vincent Communications Ltd. (Vincent Communications) has been in business since 2005. We have offices in Fort St. John, B.C. and Grande Prairie, AB. Our company is expanding its tower, internet, fibre, radio voice services and infrastructure in northern B.C. and Alberta.
In support of this expansion, we are looking for an experienced FINANCIAL CONTROLLER to manage and control our administration and financial areas of the business with an estimated start date of January 1, 2019.
This position will report to the President and will be based out of the Grande Prairie, AB office.
- Supervise and support administration employee(s) involved in billing and accounting functions including A/P, A/R, cash, payroll and front desk.
- Establish and maintain the organizations overall accounting systems, procedures and policies.
- Prepare timely and reliable monthly financial statements (profit and loss, balance sheet, cash flow, variance report) and year end reports for internal and external users
- Provide support in the areas of tax planning, financing strategies, corporate restructuring and administration.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Complies with federal, provincial, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential
- Prepare annual operating and capital budgets, year-end working papers
- Leadership skills, including empowerment, coaching, organizing/planning, and interpersonal sensitivity.
- Knowledge of Canadian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to make well educated and timely decisions and be able to explain them.
- Be a team player, well organized, and excellent time management skills.
- Have strong English communication skills both spoken and written, with the proven ability to communicate with respect and professionalism.
- Motivated and able to complete tasks with little to no supervision.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Office products (excel, word, outlook etc).
- In depth knowledge of Quickbooks, ADP, Open Invoice, Cortex etc.
- Reliable, dependable, adaptable and flexible for changing priorities.
Required Experience / Education:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Controller/Accountant role
- Experience in the Oil & Gas industry is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Telecommunication Industry is considered an asset.
- Acceptable driving record
- Compensation based on a combination of experience and education. Salary can range from $65,000 – $85,000 per year.
- Potential for yearly bonus that is calculated on key company financial metrics.
- Family Benefits after 3-month probation
- Applicant will have a guaranteed two weeks holiday for the first 2 years. Three weeks from years 3 – 5 and four weeks after 5 years.
- Vincent Communications will pay for approved additional training.
- Ability to work from home and office with flexible hours.
PLEASE SEND APPLICATIONS TO CAREERS@VINCENTCOMMUNICATIONS.CA