Vincent Communications Ltd. (Vincent Communication and Controls Ltd.) has been in business since 2005. We have offices in Fort St. John, B.C. and Grande Prairie, AB. Our company is expanding its tower, internet, radio voice services and infrastructure in northern B.C. and Alberta.
In support of this expansion, we are looking for a JUNIOR PARTS TECHNICIAN to support the shop and parts department with an estimated start date of November 15, 2018.
This position will report to the Field Operations Manager and will be based out of Grande Prairie, AB office.
- Maintain a safe and clean shop and working environment.
- Load and unload equipment/shipments
- Assist in any general labour of tasks in the shop as well as yard
- Clean and assist with the maintenance of company vehicles
- Pick up or delivery of parts and equipment in town and to personnel in the field
- Operation of company vehicles in a safe, responsible & professional manner.
- Pick parts for upcoming work orders
- Accept after hour calls when necessary
- Must be physically fit and have the ability to lift 50lbs
- Basic mechanical aptitude and knowledge of general motor vehicle maintenance
- Understanding and safe operation of basic hand tools
- Basic understanding of computers and applications
- Have strong English communication skills both spoken and written, with the proven ability to communicate with respect and professionalism.
- Motivated and able to complete tasks with little to no supervision.
- Reliable, dependable, adaptable and flexible for changing priorities.
Required Experience / Education:
- High school diploma (GED or equivalent)
- Class 5 licence
- Airbrakes endorsement considered an asset
- Acceptable driver’s abstract
- Preferred safety tickets: Standard First Aid, H2S, eGSO and Light Duty Crane
- Experience in the Oil & Gas industry is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Telecommunication Industry is considered an asset.
- Compensation based on a combination of experience and education. Hourly rate between $18.00 – $22.00.
- Overtime after 8 hours and weekends.
- Potential for yearly bonus that is calculated on key company financial metrics.
- Family Benefits after 3 month probation
- Applicant will have a guaranteed two weeks holiday for the first 2 years. Three weeks from years 3 – 5 and four weeks after 5 years.
- Vincent Communications will pay for approved additional training.
PLEASE SEND APPLICATIONS TO CAREERS@VINCENTCOMMUNICATIONS.CA