Vincent Communications Ltd. (Vincent Communications) has been in business since 2005. We have offices in Fort St. John, B.C. and Grande Prairie, AB. Our company is expanding its tower, internet, fiber, radio voice services and infrastructure in northern B.C. and Alberta.
In support of this expansion, we are looking for an Network Operations Center Technician.
This position with be based out of Grande Prairie, AB office.
- Program, Configure, and Implement various protocols like SNMP, SSH, OSPF, BGP, VLANS, Carrier Ethernet, and VoIP
- Program, Configure, and Test various radios / routers and switches like Ubiquiti, Cambium, Dragon wave, Ciena, and Pepwave
- Server Administration of Windows, Linux, Unifi, Zabbix Virtualization, Apache, SQL, CN Maestro, Powercode, and e-mail.
- Update network documentation, monitoring systems, and complete data entry.
- Answer customer supports calls in a professional and efficient manner.
- Collaborate with parts manager to ensure parts and equipment is available and allocated for upcoming work.
- Be available for customer, staff, subcontractor and vendor calls and inquires outside of typical working hours.
- Communicate and work with clients in matters of issues and emergencies.
- Represent the company face to face with the customer directly requesting the work when needed.
- Experience and understanding of network fundamentals such as Wi-Fi protocol, Network setting, DHCP, and IP Addressing.
- Be a team player, well organized, and excellent time management skills
- Have strong English communication skills both spoken and written, with the proven ability to communicate with respect and professionalism
- Motivated and are able to complete tasks with little to no supervision.
- Able to communicate and deal positively with customers under both favorable and unfavourable circumstances
- Reliable, dependable, adaptable and flexibility for changing priorities
Required Experience / Education:
- Junior and Senior level candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Acceptable driving record
- Compensation is salary based on a combination of experience and education.
- Potential for yearly bonus that is calculated on key company financial metrics.
- Family Benefits through the Chamber of Commerce
- Applicant will have a guaranteed two weeks holiday for the first 2 years. Three weeks from years 3 – 5 and four weeks after 5 years.
- Vincent Communications will pay for approved additional training.