Vincent Communications Ltd. (Vincent Communications) has been in business since 2005. We have offices in Fort St. John, B.C. and Grande Prairie, AB. Our company is expanding its tower, internet, radio voice services and infrastructure in northern B.C. and Alberta.
In support of this expansion, we are looking for a skilled Tower Rigger to add to our growing company. This is a permanent position based out of our offices in Grande Prairie, AB & Fort St. John, BC
We believe the successful applicant will be an integral part of the growth of Vincent Communications and the successful application will also have the opportunity for further career expansion in the future as our company continues its growth.
- Installing, inspecting and maintaining Trylon towers, DMX towers, All Weld Self Support towers, all weld guyed towers, break pole towers and pop up masts
- Identify and select cables, ropes, blocks and pulleys based on job requirements.
- Competent in the use of a capstan and winch hoisting equipment
- Able to work out of town which may require over night stay.
- Able to work in be both hot and cold outdoor weather conditions.
- Travel long distances to and from different locations safely.
- Coordinate activities with team members to accomplish and complete jobs efficiently
- Complete records and other project related paperwork as required
- Work with and around heavy equipment, picker trucks, ATV, and helicopters.
- Ensure active participation and advocating for all matters safety-related; raise safety awareness, provide feedback for pre-job hazard assessments (PJHA’s), participate in safety initiatives, report safety discrepancies and suggest solutions.
- Install various ancillary items on various communication towers including ice guards, antenna mounts and transmission line support systems, anti-climbs, lighting systems, fall protection systems, and tower grounding systems
- Installation of cellular/microwave antennas, coaxial cables, grounding and weatherproofing in support of microwave, SCADA, voice radio, and cellular systems on towers from 50’ – 300’ tall.
- Strong English communication skills both spoken and written, with the proven ability to communicate with respect and professionalism.
- Reliable, dependable, adaptable and flexibility for changing priorities.
- Strong problem-solving skills – use of good judgement in response to unexpected problems.
Required Experience / Education:
- High Angle Rescue & Fall Arrest Certification, and be competent in the proper installation and use of personal protective equipment
- Tower rigging and climbing experience is considered an asset.
- Technical Field experience in Communications / Telecom industry is preferred but we are willing to train the right applicant.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License, with acceptable Driver’s Abstract.
- Depending on experience and education salary may range from $20.00 – $40.00 per hour
- Potential for yearly bonus that is calculated on key company financial metrics.
- Family Benefits are provided after 3-month probation.
- Guaranteed base salary every two weeks.
- Applicant will have a guaranteed two weeks holiday for the first 2 years. Three weeks from years 3 – 5 and four weeks after 5 years.
- Vincent Communications will pay for approved additional training & courses as well as your time to complete them.
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org