Vincent Communications and Controls Ltd. has been in business since 2005 with offices in Grande Prairie, AB and Fort St. John, BC. Our company is expanding its tower, internet, radio voice services and infrastructure throughout Alberta and northern BC.
In support of this expansion, we are currently accepting applications for an experienced and dedicated Communication Technician/Tower Rigger to join the Vincent Communications Team. Reporting directly to the Rental Division Manager, this position is based out of our Fort St. John, BC office.
- Install, program, and troubleshoot SCADA data radios and repeaters which include brand names Microwave Data Systems, Freewave and Microhard.
- Install, program, and troubleshoot VHF voice radios and repeaters which include brand names Vertex, Motorola, and RCA.
- Install, program, and troubleshoot microwave data radios and links which include brand names Dragonwave, Cambium, Ubiquiti
- Install, program, and troubleshoot access points and peripheral hardware like Wi-Fi Access Points, Switches, Routers, and Arbitrators.
- Install and troubleshoot various cellphone booster products.
- Able to work out of town which may require overnight stay.
- Able to work in both hot and cold outdoor weather conditions.
- Perform tower climbing and rigging such as installing antennas, dishes, coax and mounting hardware on towers anywhere from 50’ – 300’ tall.
- Coordinate activities with team members to accomplish and complete jobs efficiently.
- Complete records and other project related paperwork as required.
- Travel long distances to and from different locations safely.
- Work with and around heavy equipment, picker trucks, ATV, and helicopters.
- Ensure active participation and advocating for all matters safety-related; raise safety awareness, provide feedback for pre-job hazard assessments (PJHA’s), participate in safety initiatives, report safety discrepancies, and suggest solutions.
- Understanding of computer networking fundamentals.
- Must be physically fit and be able to safely lift 50lbs.
- Understanding of hand tools, and communication testing equipment.
- Strong English communication skills, both spoken and written, with the proven ability to communicate with respect and professionalism.
- Reliable, dependable, adaptable and flexibility for changing priorities.
- Strong problem-solving skills and use of good judgment in response to unexpected problems.
Required Experience and Education:
- 2 years technical field experience in Communications/Telecom industry
- 2 years tower rigging and climbing experience.
- Experience in the Oil & Gas industry is considered an asset.
- Technology degree or diploma are an asset.
- Journeyman or Apprentice Communication Technician ticket or equivalent is preferred.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with and acceptable Driver’s Abstract.
What do we have to offer?
Compensation will be based on a combination of experience and education.
- Compensation will be based on a combination of experience and education. Hourly rate ranges between $20.00/hour – $45.00/hour
- Overtime paid after 8 hours/day and on weekends.
- Potential for yearly bonus that is calculated on key company financial metrics.
- Annual safety and tool allowance
- Participation in the Family Extended Health Benefits program after completion of 90-day probationary period.
- Guaranteed two weeks holiday for the first 2 years. Three weeks from years 3 – 5 and four weeks after 5 years.
- Upon Management approval – Vincent Communications may pay for approved additional training and courses as well as compensation for the time required to complete them.
- Company vehicle may be provided depending on applicant.
Please submit a current resume and driver’s abstract to email@example.com with “Tower Rigger” in the subject field.
All applicants will be reviewed and will be kept in the strictest of confidence. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those most suited will be contacted.