Vincent Communications and Controls Ltd. has been in business since 2005 with offices in Grande Prairie, AB and Fort St. John, B.C. We specialize in the design and implementation of communication systems for industrial applications. Our company is expanding its tower, internet, radio voice services and infrastructure throughout Alberta and Northern, BC.
In support of this expansion, we are currently accepting applications for an experienced and dedicated PARTS TECHNICIAN to join our Parts Department. Reporting directly to the Parts Manager, this position is based out of our Grande Prairie, AB office
- Maintain all supplies, materials, tools, and equipment in a safe, neat, and secure manner.
- Keep the workstation, and parts department, clean and organized.
- Coordinate and make deliveries and pick-ups as directed.
- Coordinate pick-ups and deliveries with freight and shipping companies.
- Prepare and generate shipping documentation i.e., waybills and RMA forms.
- Receive deliveries of parts and materials and reconcile to the shipping documents.
- Complete part returns with field staff and customers i.e., paperwork, noting defects and damaged returns, and returning stock to designated areas.
- Tag all items returned damaged or that need to be repaired.
- Respond to customer inquiries via multiple platforms, i.e., Email, telephone, and counter sales.
- Complete over-the-counter parts sales i.e., generate sales work order, pick items, ready items for pick up and finalize payment.
- On a rotational basis physically check stock inventory and report on stock levels and organizational issues.
- Understand, identify, and research communication, tower, and networking products.
- Operate material handling equipment i.e., dollies, hand trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, cranes, and conveyers.
- Be available outside of business hours on an on-call basis.
- Hot shot to remote areas that may be rugged in nature including un-level, muddy, snow covered, may expose you to wildlife and other risks associated with working in a wilderness area and extreme heat, cold or other often adverse weather conditions.
- Class 5 driver’s license with acceptable drivers abstract.
- Basic understanding of computer fundamentals.
- Must be physically fit and be able to safely lift 55 lbs.
- Basic understanding and safe use of hand and power tools.
- Strong English communication skills with the proven ability to communicate with respect and professionalism.
- Strong problem-solving skills and use of good judgement in response to unexpected problems.
- Reliable and dependable
Required Experience / Education:
- Apprentice Parts Technician ticket or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience in Communications / Telecom industry is considered an asset.
- Experience in the Oil & Gas industry is considered an asset.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with an acceptable Driver’s Abstract.
- Compensation will be based on a combination of experience and education. Hourly rate ranges between $18.00/hour – $25.00/hour
- Overtime paid after 8 hours/day and on weekends.
- Potential for yearly bonus that is calculated on key company financial metrics.
- Participation in the Family Extended Health Benefits program after completion of 90-day probationary period.
- Guaranteed two weeks holiday.
- Upon Management approval – Vincent Communications may pay for approved additional training and courses as well as compensation for the time required to complete them
Please submit a current resume and drivers abstract to email@example.com and put “Parts Technician” in the subject line of your email.
All applicants will be reviewed and will be kept in the strictest of confidence. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those most suited will be contacted.