Vincent Communications and Controls Ltd. has been in business since 2005 with offices in Grande Prairie, AB and Fort St. John, BC. Our company is expanding its tower, internet, radio voice services and infrastructure throughout Alberta and northern BC.
In support of this expansion, we are currently accepting applications for an experienced and dedicated Portable Tower Supervisor to join the Vincent Communications Team. Reporting directly to the Rental Division Manager, this position is based out of our Grande Prairie, AB office.
- Mobilize, demobilize and troubleshoot rental equipment such as cell boosters, Wi-Fi equipment, handheld radios etc.
- Transport and set up portable communication towers.
- Maintain truck, portable tower fleet and supporting rental equipment.
- Coordinate activities with team members to accomplish and complete jobs efficiently.
- Complete records and other project related paperwork as required.
- Demonstrate safe driving practices for travelling long distances to and from various field locations.
- Experience with safe work practices for working around and with heavy equipment
- Ensure active participation and advocation for all matters safety related.
- Demonstrate leadership, supervisory, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Able to motivate others, and coach others to improve their skills.
- Team player, well organized, and excellent time management skills.
- Able to communicate and deal positively with customers under both favorable and unfavorable circumstances.
- Strong English communication skills, both spoken and written, with the proven ability to communicate with respect and professionalism.
- Reliable, dependable, adaptable and flexibility for changing priorities.
- Strong problem solving skills and use of good judgement in response to unexpected problems.
- Understanding of communication networking and related monitoring systems.
- Understanding of computer/server related applications and hardware.
Required Experience and Education:
- Field and Supervisory experience in Portable Towers, Telecommunication, and/or Information Technology operations.
- Prior management positions within the Communications/Telecommunication/Information Technology fields are considered an asset.
- Experience interfacing with customers to resolve customer service issues.
- Technology degree or diploma an asset.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with and acceptable Driver’s Abstract.
What do we have to offer?
Compensation will be based on a combination of experience and education.
- Competitive annual salary may range from $75,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year. Possibility of negotiation above range for the right candidate.
- Cellphone will be provided for business and personal use.
- Potential for yearly bonus that is calculated on key company financial metrics.
- Participation in the Family Extended Health Benefits program after completion of 90-day probationary period.
- Guaranteed two weeks holiday time.
- Vincent Communications will pay for approved additional training and safety courses, as well as your time to attend these courses.
- Company vehicle will be provided.
Please submit a current resume and driver’s abstract to email@example.com with “Portable Tower Supervisor” in the subject field.
All applicants will be reviewed and will be kept in the strictest of confidence. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those most suited will be contacted.