Vincent Communications and Controls Ltd. has been in business since 2005 with offices in Grande Prairie, AB and Fort St. John, B.C. We specialize in the design and implementation of communication systems for industrial applications. Our company is expanding its Administrative Team to support our ongoing growth and customer service base.
In support of this expansion, we are currently accepting applications for an experienced and dedicated Receptionist/Accounts Payable Administrator to join the Vincent Communications Team. Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, this position is based out of our Grande Prairie, AB office
- Responsible for answering the phone, taking messages, directing calls and supporting the current Accounts Payable Administrator.
- Greet guests that come to the Head Office, determines their needs and directs them to the right contact.
- Separate invoices per company, distribute to appropriate authorized persons per company, for approval and coding.
- Follow-up on invoices that have been distributed for approval and not returned.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements to related transactions, responding to vendor inquiries and investigating and resolving any discrepancies.
- Supporting the Accounts Receivable Administrator as required
- Conducts clerical duties; including maintaining electronic & hard copy filing; greet clients, suppliers, answering phone calls, and responding to emails.
- Provide administrative support for the operations team including arrangements for meetings, travel & accommodations.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and function well under stress, while prioritizing tasks and workload.
- Meticulous with a great attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Strongly motivated to learn and willingness to put in extra time to meet work timelines when required
Required Experience and Education:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs such as Excel & Word
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Desktop Accounting Software is an asset
- Post-secondary education in Administration or Business is an asset
- Accounts Payable/Receivable experience is an asset
- Experience in Telecommunication or Oil & Gas sectors is an asset
- Familiarity with Open Invoice, Cortex & Mhelp Desk is an asset
What do we have to offer?
Compensation will be based on a combination of experience and education.
- Schedule: Monday – Friday, approximately 10AM – 5PM, 30-35 hours per week.
- Flexibility in schedule for applicants that require time in the afternoon to pick-up children from school and drop off at afterschool childcare. Would be required to return to the office and work until 5PM for coverage.
- Participation in the Family Extended Health Benefits program after completion of 90-day probationary period.
Please submit a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Receptionist/Accounts Payable Administrator” in the subject field.
All applicants will be reviewed and will be kept in the strictest of confidence. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those most suited will be contacted.