Vincent Communications and Controls Ltd. has been in business since 2005 with offices in Grande Prairie, AB and Fort St. John, BC. We specialize in the design and implementation of communication systems for industrial applications. Our company is expanding its tower, internet, radio voice services and infrastructure throughout Alberta and Northern BC.
In support of this expansion, we are currently accepting applications for an experienced and dedicated Rental Division Manager to join the Vincent Communications Management Team. Reporting directly to the President and CEO, this position is based out of our Grande Prairie, AB office.
- Coordinate the rental and maintenance of Portable towers, cell boosters, handheld radios, portable Wi-Fi boosters, and network equipment.
- Oversee, support and direct technicians, including scheduling, monitoring performance on assigned jobs and supporting the day-to-day operations of the organization.
- Provide, review and complete performance management, including identifying high performers, career paths, hiring new employees and disciplinary actions.
- Collaborate with Field Operations Manager and Parts Manager to ensure rental equipment is tracked, available and ready for upcoming work orders.
- Collaborate with Field Operations Manager to schedule field technicians for rental deployments.
- Collaborate with company Safety Officer (OHS) to make sure proper safety documentation and policies are in place, upheld, and training has been provided to employees to ensure compliance in accordance with safety regulations.
- Implement, build and manage on-call schedules, including scheduling of holidays or time off.
- Coordinate the creation, maintenance and implementation of workflow and work procedures.
- Communicate and work with clients in matters of invoicing, job details, issues and emergencies.
- Work to ensure business client network contract commitments are followed and kept.
- Be available for customer, staff, subcontractor and vendor calls and enquires outside of typical working hours of operation.
- Coordinate the creation, maintenance and implementation of an asset maintenance, scheduling, licensing, registration of all portable towers, vehicles and rental equipment assets under the Rental Division.
- Demonstrated leadership, supervisory, interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Able to motivate others and coach others to improve their skills.
- Team player, well organized and excellent time management skills.
- Strong English communication skills both spoken and written, with the proven ability to communicate with respect and professionalism.
- Good listening and project management skills, able to meet deadlines.
- Able to communicate and deal positively with customers under both favorable and unfavorable circumstances.
- Reliable, dependable, adaptable and flexibility for changing priorities.
- Strong problem-solving skills – use of good judgement in response to unexpected problems.
Required Experience / Education:
- 5+ years’ experience in managing and organizing in the telecommunications market.
- Prior management positions within the Telecommunication or Oil and Gas sectors.
- Several years of experience interfacing with customers to resolve customer service issues.
- Technology or Management degree or diploma an asset.
- Field experience in Communications/Telecommunications/Information Technology an asset.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License, with clean Driver’s Abstract.
What do we have to offer?
Compensation will be based on a combination of experience and education.
- Competitive annual salary may range from $70,000.00 – $95,000.00 per year. Possibility of negotiation above range for the right candidate.
- Cell phone will be provided for business and personal use.
- Potential for yearly bonus that is calculated on key company financial metrics.
- Participation in the Family Extended Health Benefits program after completion of 90-day probationary period.
- Guaranteed two weeks holiday.
- Company vehicle will be provided.
- Company will pay for eligible safety and management training courses as well as pay for your time to attend courses.
Please submit a current resume and driver’s abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Rental Division Manager” in the subject field.
All applicants will be reviewed and will be kept in the strictest of confidence. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those most suited will be contacted.