Vincent Communications and Controls Ltd. has been in business since 2005 with offices in Grande Prairie, AB and Fort St. John, BC. Our company is expanding its tower, internet, radio voice services and infrastructure throughout Alberta and northern BC.
In support of this expansion, we are currently accepting applications for an experienced and dedicated Communication Technician to join the Vincent Communications Team. Reporting directly to the Field Operations Manager, this position is based out of our Fort St. John, BC office.
- Transport, install, program, and troubleshoot cellphone booster products, SCADA data radios and repeaters, voice radios and repeaters, microwave data radios and links, access points and peripheral hardware like Wi-Fi access points, switches, routers, and arbitrators.
- Identify, select, and use proper communications testing equipment based on job requirements.
- Working at heights using various equipment such as ladders, aerial lifts, scaffolding, and man baskets.
- Travel long distances to and from different locations which may require overnight stays.
- Operating hand, air, and power tools.
- Adaptable and flexible for changing priorities.
- Working in extreme heat, cold or other often adverse weather conditions.
- Working at job sites that may be rugged in nature including but not limited to un-level, muddy, snow-covered, and slippery or wet ground conditions.
- Working in remote areas that may expose you to wildlife and other risks associated with working in a wilderness area.
- Work with and around heavy equipment, picker trucks, ATV, and helicopters.
- Technical field experience in Communications / Telecom industry
- Tower rigging and climbing experience an asset.
- Experience in the Oil & Gas industry is considered an asset.
- Technology degree or diploma an asset.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with an acceptable Driver’s Abstract.
Required Experience and Education:
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with acceptable drivers abstract.
- Basic understanding of computer fundamentals.
- Must be physically fit and be able to safely lift 55 lbs.
- Basic understanding and safe use of hand, air, and power tools.
- Strong English communication skills with the proven ability to communicate with respect and professionalism.
- Strong problem-solving skills and use of good judgement in response to unexpected problems.
- Reliable and dependable
What do we have to offer?
Compensation will be based on a combination of experience and education.
- Compensation will be based on a combination of experience and education. Hourly rate ranges between $20.00/hour – $45.00/hour
- Overtime paid after 8 hours/day and on weekends.
- Potential for yearly bonus that is calculated on key company financial metrics.
- Annual safety and tool allowance
- Participation in the Family Extended Health Benefits program after completion of 90-day probationary period.
- Guaranteed two weeks’ holiday
- Upon Management approval – Vincent Communications may pay for approved additional training and courses as well as compensation for the time required to complete them.
- Company vehicle may be provided depending on the applicant.
Please submit a current resume and driver’s abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications Technician – Ft St. John” in the subject field.
All applicants will be reviewed and will be kept in the strictest of confidence. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however only those most suited will be contacted.